Welcome to the Pivotal Podiatry Clinic, Melbourne VIC!
The Pivotal Podiatry Clinic is located in the Melbourne bayside suburb of Hampton East and is conveniently placed to provide Podiatry Services to patients of all ages.
Since opening in 2012, our Melbourne Podiatrists have gained a reputation in the Hampton East community for excellence in the treatment and management of foot problems.
Whether you've been experiencing short or long-term foot pain(s)...
...are suffering from sore feet at work...
...training for a special event like the Oxfam Walk or Melbourne Marathon...
...or you would like your biomechanics assessed...
...Pivotal Podiatry Clinic offers a wide variety of Podiatry Services to suit your needs including:
People don't often realise that your feet are a critical part of our bodies function.
Therefore, it's important when you're experiencing foot or ankle issues that you get treatment as soon as you notice a problem.
By getting the treatment you can avoid experiencing unnecessary pain in the short term and stop the development of any further serious problems in the future.
To make an appointment at the Pivotal Podiatry Clinic, click the button below.
Click Here to Book Online
Why Choose the Pivotal Podiatry Clinic?
When you have foot problems you can choose which Podiatry Clinic to visit.
Below you will find a few of the reasons why you should choose our Melbourne Podiatry Clinic:
1. Our Clinic is Convenient
- Open Saturday mornings and late Wednesdays;
- Same day appointments available for when you're in pain;
- Easy to find location with underground parking (via Sari Lane);
- Disability access via Medical One Clinic.
2. Our Comprehensive Service
- Long Appointments - so we don’t have to rush you in and out;
- FREE 6 months email access - in case you have any further questions for your Podiatrist;
- Over 5 years Clinical Podiatry Experience in a variety of different Clinics;
- Extensive Experience in Gait Analysis and Biomechanical Assessment - from years of work in a specialist technical running shoe store;
- Orthotics Assessments to ensure prescriptions suit your foot type and activities (if they're needed at all!);
- Close relationship with other practitioners on site including Physiotherapists, Massage Therapists and Doctors;
- An active member of Australian Podiatry Association and Sports Medicine Australia - give us to access the latest research publications and new treatment options.
3. Our Quality Facilities:
- HICAPs machine for quick health insurance claims on the spot;
- SMS appointment reminders the day prior to your appointment;
- Comfortable waiting room with TV and toys to keep any little ones amused;
- Regulated medical sterilization procedures to ensure no risk of infection;
- Hygienic consulting rooms;
- Equipment to perform minor orthotic modifications on site;
- Online booking portal for ease of appointment scheduling;
- Friendly Reception Staff if you prefer to call.
4. We support our local community through sponsorship of:
- Hampton Junior Football Club;
- Sandringham Little Athletics Clubs.
What is Podiatry and Who are Podiatrists?
A Podiatrist in Melbourne is a health care profession who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of local and systemic conditions affecting the lower limbs.
Podiatrists are registered practitioners who can diagnose foot and lower limb conditions, refer for diagnostic imaging modalities, and prescribe a variety of treatment interventions.
Podiatrists undergo extensive training that includes clinical and theoretical classes in order to turn them into highly skilled professionals.
Podiatrists use special equipment to detect patho-mechanical anomalies, this enables them to ensure appropriate and effective treatment is provided.
They use biomechanics of the foot to prescribe special footwear, orthotics, and prosthetics to help correct foot imperfections, and leg structure and function.
Podiatrists also care for various sports-related injuries, such as shin splints and stress fractures.
Why are Your Feet so Important?
We begin by taking baby steps, and then we learn to walk, run, skip, hop and jump every single day of our lives.
Healthy feet are important to everyone, irrespective of age, for your overall health and well-being.
At some point in life, most people will experience some type of foot problem(s)...
...your foot problem(s) could be something as simple as a blister, or as major as a structural injury affecting your muscles and bones.
However, most people with foot ailments do not seek appropriate medical attention that could provide relief to the pain.
There can be several causes for foot problems, such as improper foot care, poorly fitting shoes, poor muscle strength or flexibility, posture related problems, and genetics.
A Podiatrist can help regardless of the cause of your ache, pain, and burning, or throbbing pain.
A Podiatrist is a medical professional who specializes in medical and surgical care for those with foot, ankle, and leg problems.
Preventing Foot Conditions
Podiatrists are not limited to diagnostics and treatments of foot ailments; they are also a valuable source of information on how to prevent a variety of foot conditions, and how to keep your feet healthy.
In other words, Podiatrists advise patients on how to prevent foot problems and keep their feet healthy.
Podiatrists in Melbourne can help keep older people active by continuously maintaining and managing their feet.
Some of the most commonly treated foot problems in elderly people include soft tissue disorders, toenail and skin problems, and arthritis.
Treating Foot Abnormalities in Children
Podiatrists are able to diagnose and treat foot complications in children through a careful examination of the food and lower limbs.
The examination allows the podiatrist to provide information on how to prevent or reduce the food deformity, which often does not develop until the second decade of life.
This information may include information on footwear, recommendations of physical exercises, treatment through the use of splints or orthotic control of the feet.
Treating People with Diabetes for foot problems
People with diabetes are at a higher risk of developing foot problems due to complications of their disease, which includes reduced blood flow and damaged nerves.
Seeing a Podiatrist for Treatment in Melbourne Victoria
If you would like to see a Podiatrist in Melbourne, for the treatment of your foot problems, please call (03) 9939 3339 to make an appointment.
Melbourne is the capital city of the state of Victoria. People that come from mELBOURNE are referred to as "Melbournians". Since European settlement in 1835, many nationalities have moved to Melbourne at different phases of its history and have contributed fundamentally to the city's developing character. For the Aboriginal Wurundjeri, Boonerwrung, Taungurong, Djajawurrung and the Wathaurung which make up the Kulin Nation, Melbourne has always been an important meeting place. Melbourne is frequently mentioned as one of the most livable cities in the world due to high ratings in health, education, tourism, sport, research and development. The Melbourne metropolis begins at the top of Port Philip Bay and extends right out to the Dandenongs to the East and Macedon ranges to the west.