Were you trying to find a local Podiatrist in Cheltenham?
The Pivotal Podiatry Clinic, is located in Hampton East, a short drive from Cheltenham up the Nepean Highway. Please see map below for directions. Parking is via Sari Lane in the "Medical One" spaces.
Podiatrists are specialists in evaluating, diagnosing and treating foot conditions.
We use our feet every day, therefore sound foot health is very important for everyone.
Podiatrists commonly treat:
- Calluses and corns
- Foot injuries from sport or daily activities
- Foot infections
- Nail disorders, like ingrown toenails and fungal infections
- Overuse injuries of the foot and ankle
- Skin conditions
If you would like to see a Podiatrist in Cheltenham to treat your foot concerns, please call (03) 9939 3339 to make an appointment.
Unfortunately people with diabetes are at highest risk to endure severe foot problems. This is caused by other symptoms of diabetes such as a decrease of blood flow to the lower extremities, affecting the body’s ability to heal cuts and grazes quickly. Problems with damaged nerve endings, can also affect the ability of patients to detect minor foot injuries. Resulting in minor problems being left un-treated for long periods of time.
If you suffer from diabetes, you should have regular consultations with your Podiatrist in Cheltenham, to ensure that any un-detected foot problems are attended to. As well as check your feet of a daily basis, for potential problems, that you may not be able to feel. If you locate a problem spot, seek advice on treatment, before trying to treat yourself.
Podiatrists in Cheltenham can enable older members of the community remain active by ensuring their feet are kept healthy. Unfortunately some older people have great difficulty looking after their own feet due to vision impairment or restricted flexibility. Common problems treated by Podiatrists on older patients include:
- Skin infections
- Nail problems, such as thickened or deformed nails that are difficult to cut
- Soft tissue problems, like arch pain
- Arthritis in the foot and ankle
Podiatrists are able to provide treatment for sports and other injuries. Most commonly treated sports injuries include:
- Arch pain or plantar fasciitis
- Inflammation of the tendon at the back of the ankle - Achilles tendonopathy
- Stress fractures of bones in the foot – usually caused by overuse
- Pain at the base of the big toe - sesamoiditis
It's not uncommmon for Children to suffer from foot problems. Podiatrists in Cheltenham can aid with the proper foot development of children of all ages, including:
- Infants who are beginning to walk for the first time
- Adolesce who are experiencing quick changes in the growth plates.
- Older children.
Sometimes avoiding your foot problems can be as simple as choosing the correct footwear, for the desired activity. A Cheltenham Podiatrist can recommend what is the correct shoe for your foot type and the movement you will being undertaking when wearing those shoes. Good Shoes should have:
- Correctly fitting heels, to ensure that the back of the foot does not slip when you are walking.
- Enough space at the end of the shoe, to ensure that your toes are not jammed. You also need to have adequate depth and width at the toes.
- Materials that allow the foot to breath, like leather.
- Rubber soles to provide ample shock absorption and grip.
Podiatrist Cheltenham are able to prescribe custom made, pre-fabricated and semi custom orthotics. These are inserts that are placed into the shoe, to improve:
- The structural alignment of the
- And decrease foot pain, as well as referred paid to the knee and hip joints.
You don't need a referral to see a Podiatrist, unless you are a DVA patient.